Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Anti-Gank: Uedama, 9/4/2014 04:00

I joined a small fleet of anti-gank militia in opposition of more CODE. freighter ganking. We had some success, and learned a few things, but there are areas that still need improvement.

One freighter pilot I talked to suggested we place cans with warnings near the system with date/time information. This is something we haven't consistently done, and should probably start doing with more regularity.

Saving freighters from second attempts after a first failed gank also needs improvement. I have now moved repair assets into place to provide more prompt and complete repairs in the future. Repairing structure will remain a problem though. I have the skills and equipment for it, but freighters have a ton of structure hit points and structure repair is slow; probably too slow to be done in a 15 minute timer window. We might need multiple people doing repairs or come up with other strategies like interrupting bumping to save more freighters.

I also tried out a new ship tonight -- an Oracle. This is the Amarr version of a Battlecruiser fitting Battleship weapons (like a Tornado). If you are careful with your fit, this type of ship is a viable anti-gank option. I was able to kill Destroyers before Concord arrival. Be careful with tracking though, as tracking speed is pretty slow. I fitted a tracking computer with tracking script to help. But I think my fit still needs some tweaks.

Fly safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment