Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Most Unlucky Explorer Ever?

Amid growing frustration, today I have to share a short woe is me tale.  Am I the most unlucky Eve explorer ever?

What makes for being unlucky in exploration?  Bad loot?  Getting killed while running sites?  Having sites stolen?  Not me.  How about not being able to get to a site in the first place?  That's me.  Now, I'm not going to steal a site from someone, which means I need to get there first.  In about 9 months of playing Eve, I have still never made it to a site first.  Ever. 

Mind you, exploration is one of my less frequent activities, but I do try it from time to time, and I think I would enjoy the hacking game.  On one hand, the hacking mini-game is kind of dumb. But on the other hand, it's the kind of dumb I would actually enjoy.  I only really know what the hacking mini-game is because I got to do it once in the tutorial missions.

Early on, the problem probably had more to do with being in bad places and at bad times.  Too much competition.  But last night I thought would be my night.  I was finally going to get to do an exploration site.  I was out in a quiet corner of null space, in a system by myself, on the least busy night of the week, and well after midnight U.S. time.  A relic site was in the system.  This was it!  I almost had it scanned down.  Still alone in system.  I get it scanned.  I fly to the site.  I get to the site!  WTF?  Someone was already running the site!  HOW THE $%(%& DID THAT HAPPEN??

I have never been mad in Eve before.  Until now.  Time for me to go find one of those squishy stress balls.  Because I'm going to squish the $#$%&( out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment