Monday, July 7, 2014

Spam Warp

A little note to everyone today, in case anyone by chance followed the same sequence I did starting out and might be helped by it.  Or if you just like reading about my noobisms.

When I started out, I looked over the various windows of information and thought about how to prioritize them. Which ones were important, which ones weren't, and how much screen I should dedicate to each one.  I originally didn't see much purpose or use for the Selected Object window, and before long I began to completely disregard it.

Later, as I began to get deeper into the game and try things like warping my pod away after my ship is destroyed or trying to do the Cloak + MWD trick, I discovered I was finding it difficult to quickly align to something and/or warp to something.

Oddly, it took me several days before I remembered that long forgotten Selected Object window.  Eureka!  It can be useful!  Right on that window, when a warp target is selected, are buttons for Align To and Warp.  Placed somewhere convenient, I now have a way to easily spam warp, as they say.

So if you are finding it difficult to warp away your pod after losing a ship or doing something like the Cloak + MWD trick effectively and are not using the Selected Object window... there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment