Saturday, August 9, 2014

Anti-Gank: Uedama, 8/8/2014 21:00

CODE. was ganking freighters at gates in Uedama again on 8/8/2014.  A number of capsuleers rallied in opposition.  Due to the timing, I couldn't stay for long, but I was able to stay long enough for what I think was the first gank attempt of the night, against a Fenrir.  I was there providing remote armor repair with one of my Exequrors.  I am happy to report that the gank attempt was a failure.  A tip of the hat to all capsuleers who were there to oppose CODE. throughout the evening.  I wish I could have stayed longer.

I would also like to share a few thoughts on what type of ship to bring.  If you show up with guns only but you can't get a kill before CONCORD joins in, then you are not being very effective at stopping the gank.  However, I recognize that it is still fun to be there in opposition and your support is appreciated.  There is a definite appeal in firing guns at them, getting bounty, and getting kill mails.

On the other end of the spectrum, if you show up like I did in something that only does remote repair, it's always an effective addition to stop the gank, but it can leave you feeling a bit empty.  If you are not part of a fleet with at least someone firing guns, you get no kill mails, no bounty, just the satisfaction of a successful save when the gank fails.

I have a recommendation for people who fall into one of those two categories.  Save a fitting slot for something else.  If you are all guns, make room for at least one or more repair or ECM modules.  If you are all repair, make room for at least one or more guns or ECM modules.  Those who prefer guns can then be assured they were effective towards the end goal, and those who prefer repairs can finally get some bounty and kill mails.  This should help maximize the entertainment value while ensuring everyone is being effective towards stopping the gank.

Fly safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment