Friday, December 19, 2014

Anti-Gank: Uedama, 12/18/2014

CODE. was active again in Uedama, and there were a lot of cases this time where the battle took place somewhere other than next to a gate.  I believe there were a lot of cases where freighter pilots logged off and had their ship warp off to a random location in the system.  For cases like this, you need someone in the Anti-Gank (AG) fleet equipped with combat scanners and some scanning skill.

You will have an idea that the freighter warped off when the pilot logged if you see a freighter warp away from a bumper with a heading that appears somewhat random.  You may also notice Wolf, if he is there, just sit there and do nothing.  You may also notice some combat scanners show up on DScan.  You might also see a CODE. member say something in local that will tip you off, like claiming the AG forces are about to fail.  When it is suspected this has happened, someone in the fleet needs to immediately begin scanning for a freighter in the system.  Once found, they need to fly there and then have the rest of the AG fleet fly to them once there.

AG forces were light this day and no one in my group was equipped with combat scanners.  I did have a combat scanner equipped ship in the system, and I switched to it a couple of times when this situation appeared to arise, but unfortunately I was too slow to find the freighters in time.  I will be working on improving my response time on this in the future.

Regardless of it being a difficult night for my particular AG group, and flying remote repair for awhile as well, I still have a few of KMs to share:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/43188403/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/43188399/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/43187878/

No comments:

Post a Comment