Friday, December 26, 2014

GankerBumping Too Renamed

Popular belief is that Gorila Vengaza has gone rogue, trading his honor for a position amongst CODE.  Why would he do that?  Just to be on the side with greater numbers?  The odds were always against him?

I would like to remind everyone of an old poem from the Lays of Ancient Rome.  Death may not mean much in a universe of clones, but this poem, Horatius, still holds a heavy weight to those standing tall against difficult odds:

Then out spake brave Horatius,
The Captain of the Gate:
"To every man upon this earth
Death cometh soon or late.
And how can man die better
Than facing fearful odds,
For the ashes of his fathers,
And the temples of his Gods.

I have attempted to contact Gorila to verify that he didn't just have his account stolen, but so far I have not been able to get a response.  I have to assume that his turning to CODE is true.

As such, I don't suppose we will see Gorila ever update his Gankerbumping blog again.  I came to the name GankerBumping myself, a fairly obvious play on the CODE. blog Minerbumping, but Gorila had that taken, so I opted for GankerBumping Too.  Well, now that name no longer makes much sense.  So I am hereby claiming the name Ganker Bumping for myself.

I may be somewhat businesslike in my blog entries, lacking the comical flair Gorila had, but what I do have is honor and a loyalty to my brethren in the Anti-ganking community.  I will never turn against you.  I will always stand up for courtesy and respect amongst players, particularly in high-security space.  I will stand up against what some have come to know as the "Ganker", someone who attempts to attack defenseless players, who derives pleasure from "tear collecting", and who lacks a proper respect for others in the community.  I am and always will be, Ganker Bumping.

No comments:

Post a Comment